Option One Solar is currently seeking 2 roof technicians to join our commercial/residential construction department.
To be a successful roof technician, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive, while also being accurate. They should always be prepared, responsive and willing to meet each challenge directly.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unload materials from truck.
- Guarantee there is sufficient material for whole rooftop.
- Lift roofing materials onto rooftop utilizing pulleys or stepping stool.
- Clear trash from rooftop.
- Guarantee tar is cleaved and warmed.
- Scrape or pull off old roofing material.
- Appropriately equip all roofers with safety equipment.
- Nail material paper and shingles onto rooftop.
- Apply layer of tar on rooftop.
- Apply rock, shingles, or black-top over tar layer.
- Cover rooftop with material felt, black-top strips, or different materials.
- Apply tile, slate, or composition materials to rooftop.
- Find and repair broke tiles.
- Fill in missing tiles.
- Clear out gutters/drains.
- Apply metal sheets to roof boards or frameworks.
- Fix leaks.
- Repair damages.
- Ensure safety guidelines are followed.
- Current California driver’s license and be able to complete MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) check; (example no DUI’s in last 5 years).
- Proof of insurance.
- Reliable transportation.
- Knowledge of general construction, electrical and roofing practices.
- Must have smartphone to respond to emails, view company calendar, take photos of work, etc.
- Must be able to complete jobs in a timely manner.
- Must be well organized.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Residential roof technicians may work in customers’ homes. As a result, workers must maintain professionalism and perform the work in a timely manner.
- No fear of heights.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Must be available occasionally for weekends.
- This job has no direct supervisor requirements.
- Must be able to work in outdoor extreme environments and stand/walk for extended period of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- None at this time
- 24 hours paid sick leave annually. Eligible for use after 90 days of employment.
- 1-week paid vacation after 1 year of employment 2 weeks after 2 years.
- Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle at the current federal rate.
Rate of pay:
- Depending on experience.
About Option One Solar:
Option One Solar is a 3rd generation family-owned business that has been operating for more than 50 years with a history in the Aerospace, Solar, Residential, and Commercial industries. Here at Option One Solar, we strive to create a positive work environment that allows us not only to satisfy our customers’ needs, but to also turn them into raving fans that refer us to all their friends and family. We are currently seeking employees that wish to be a part of a constructive and knowledgeable team.
We are experiencing rapid growth and guarantee our customers system will be installed within 6 weeks or we pay their electric bills until installed.
We have one of the BEST solar training programs in the industry and have the installs and positive customer experiences to prove that our customers best interests ALWAYS come first.
Option One Solar is a new way for superstars to maximize their experience vs. income potential. With our six-week guarantee, highest quality workmanship, and excellent customer service, you will have happy customers that will give you more referrals.
We specialize in both solar and energy efficient solutions for residential and commercial applications, while offering the highest quality products at the most affordable pricing and financing options.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizen status, or membership in another group protected by federal, state or local law.