Job Title: Residential Electrician trainee
Option One Solar is currently seeking an Electrician Trainee to join our residential construction department.
To be a successful Electrical Trainee, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive, while also being accurate. They should always be prepared, responsive and willing to meet each challenge directly.
The electrical trainee is a working field position that acts as an assistant and an extra set of hands for the journeyman electrician. The electrical trainee’s main duties will be to provide assistance and technical electrical support to the journeyman electrician, and will also work as a team with the Lead and Installers to complete mechanical portions of residential solar installation projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the installation of electrical systems that interconnect the solar array to the grid power of our customer’s residential property.
- Assist with solar battery installations when assigned.
- Assist in the troubleshooting of system problems and help resolve electrical issues.
- Assemble the racking and solar array when assigned.
- Trenching, concrete work and equipment assembly.
- Project clean up including client site and installation vehicle.
- Ensure attention to detail with an emphasis on quality, customer service, and productivity.
- Demonstrate knowledge of OSHA standards related to photovoltaic installations and enforce safety practices and standards.
- Develop a positive working dynamic within installation crew and co-workers.
- Ensure safety guidelines are followed.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Current California driver’s license and be able to complete MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) check; (example no DUI’s in last 5 years).
- Proof of insurance.
- Reliable transportation.
- Must have smartphone to respond to emails, view company calendar, take photos of work, etc.
- Must be accurate with and detail oriented with paperwork.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be energetic and eager to learn.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve.
- Must be well organized.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities in this role.
- Ability to transport materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks (up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds with assistance).
- Ability to work on rooftops with various angles and surfaces which requires frequent bending, twisting, squatting, climbing, kneeling, crawling, turning, standing, and balance.
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as attics, basements, and crawl spaces which requires kneeling and crouching.
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions including but not limited to: excessive noise, extreme heat, extreme cold, wet environment, and humidity.
- Ability to frequently utilize hand functions requiring fine motor skills including but not limited to: fine manipulation, grasping, and pinching.
- Ability to work within the safe range of equipment such as ladders, fall protection harnesses and other personal protective equipment.
- Ability to work and maintain balance on roofs and other areas of height.
- Ability to work in the sun and possibly low light conditions.
- Ability to walk on rafters, roof tiles, and roof shingles without damage.
- Ability to distinguish colors such as red, black, yellow, white, green.
- Ability to hear verbal commands and warnings.
- Ability to work with chemicals using appropriate protections.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Electrical installation experience preferred.
- Certified electrical trainee preferred.
- 24 hours paid sick leave annually. Eligible for use after 90 days of employment.
- 1-week paid vacation after 1 year of employment 2 weeks after 2 years.
- Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle at the current federal rate.
- Full-time, non-exempt
Rate of pay:
- To be determined
About Option One Solar:
Option One Solar is a 3rd generation family-owned business that has been operating for more than 50 years with a history in the Aerospace, Solar, Residential, and Commercial industries. Here at Option One Solar, we strive to create a positive work environment that allows us not only to satisfy our customers’ needs, but to also turn them into raving fans that refer us to all their friends and family. We are currently seeking employees that wish to be a part of a constructive and knowledgeable team.
We are experiencing rapid growth and guarantee our customers system will be installed within 6 weeks or we pay their electric bills until installed.
We have one of the BEST solar training programs in the industry and have the installs and positive customer experiences to prove that our customers best interests ALWAYS come first.
Option One Solar is a new way for superstars to maximize their experience vs. income potential. With our six-week guarantee, highest quality workmanship, and excellent customer service, you will have happy customers that will give you more referrals.
We specialize in both solar and energy efficient solutions for residential and commercial applications, while offering the highest quality products at the most affordable pricing and financing options.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizen status, or membership in another group protected by federal, state or local law.