Job Title: Residential/Commercial Construction Manager
Option One Solar is currently seeking a Construction Manager to join our construction department. Candidates will manage residential and commercial solar construction projects.
To be a successful Construction Manager, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive, while also being accurate. They should always be prepared, responsive and willing to meet each challenge directly. They should have a genuine desire to ensure customers are always treated with respect and provide them with details and status of their project on a regular basis.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage field operations for both new construction and remodeling projects.
- Continuous monitoring/managing of commercial and residential job sites.
- Run weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports to ensure proper installation numbers are being met and equipment projections are accurate.
- Correspond with chief plan designer to ensure proper installation of equipment per NEC and manufacturer requirements.
- Strategically manage cash flow & job schedules with project coordinators, homeowners and contractors.
- Ensure all project documentation is complete and in full compliance with regulations.
- Ensure all required inspections are scheduled and passed.
- Assist in preparing project proposals, estimates and contracts when needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ensure safety guidelines are followed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current California driver’s license and be able to complete MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) check; (example no DUI’s in last 5 years).
- Proof of insurance.
- Reliable transportation.
- 5-years electric/solar experience.
- Must have smartphone to respond to emails, view company calendar, take photos of work, etc.
- Must be well organized.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with no decline in quality control and provide said to the senior management group.
- Must deliver high levels of customer service.
- Must be available occasionally for weekends.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen in accordance with local laws/regulations.
- To be determined
- To be determined
- Bachelors degree in electrical engineering or similar field as well a solar experience preferred.
- 24 hours paid sick leave annually. Eligible for use after 90 days of employment
- 1-week paid vacation after 1 year of employment 2 weeks after 2 years.
- Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle at the current federal rate.
Rate of pay:
- $60 – $100K annually
About Option One Solar:
Option One Solar is a 3rd generation family-owned business that has been operating for more than 50 years with a history in the Aerospace, Solar, Residential, and Commercial industries. Here at Option One Solar, we strive to create a positive work environment that allows us not only to satisfy our customers’ needs, but to also turn them into raving fans that refer us to all their friends and family. We are currently seeking employees that wish to be a part of a constructive and knowledgeable team.
We are experiencing rapid growth and guarantee our customers system will be installed within 6 weeks or we pay their electric bills until installed.
We have one of the BEST solar training programs in the industry and have the installs and positive customer experiences to prove that our customers best interests ALWAYS come first.
Option One Solar is a new way for superstars to maximize their experience vs. income potential. With our six-week guarantee, highest quality workmanship, and excellent customer service, you will have happy customers that will give you more referrals.
We specialize in both solar and energy efficient solutions for residential and commercial applications, while offering the highest quality products at the most affordable pricing and financing options.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizen status, or membership in another group protected by federal, state or local law.